More From B. R. Ambedkar
- "Religion must mainly be a matter of principles only. It cannot be a matter of rules. The moment it degenerates into rules, it ceases to be a religion, as it kills responsibility which is an essence of the true religious act."
- "The relationship between husband and wife should be one of closest friends."
- "Indians today are governed by two different ideologies. Their political ideal set in the preamble of the Constitution affirms a life of liberty, equality and fraternity. Their social ideal embodied in their religion denies them."
More In Government
- "Everyone I know who used to be in the intelligence community is moving into the corporate world."― Tony Gilroy
- "I only ask of the government to be treated as all other men are treated."― Chief Joseph
- "There is a Western world. There is America. There is Great Britain and Germany and France and Russia and China and other nations. I doubt that there is one country amongst those I mentioned which has a desire to see Iran, with its fundamentalist, Islamic, extremist government, possessing nuclear weapons."― Ehud Olmert