More From Audre Lorde
- "When I dare to be powerful – to use my strength in the service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid."
- "We have to consciously study how to be tender with each other until it becomes a habit because what was native has been stolen from us, the love of Black women for each other."
- "But, on the other hand, I get bored with racism too and recognize that there are still many things to be said about a Black person and a White person loving each other in a racist society."
More In Time
- "Potential home buyers have a two-step decision process. First, they determine whether they can afford to make a purchase – does their income safely cover their mortgage payment? Then they determine whether owning is a better financial choice than renting – are the costs of owning a home lower than the cost of renting it?"― Mark Zandi
- "How much time he saves who does not look to see what his neighbor says or does or thinks."― Marcus Aurelius
- "I am shocked at how much time I spend in the White House. I mean, you know, for people on the outside, the idea of going to the White House for a meeting must seem like the most important, serious, even glamorous kind of thing to do."― Hillary Clinton