More From Audre Lorde
- "I write for those women who do not speak, for those who do not have a voice because they were so terrified, because we are taught to respect fear more than ourselves. We’ve been taught that silence would save us, but it won’t."
- "But the true feminist deals out of a lesbian consciousness whether or not she ever sleeps with women."
- "The quality of light by which we scrutinize our lives has direct bearing upon the product which we live, and upon the changes which we hope to bring about through those lives."
More In Art
- "Suddenly I’ve got an overwhelming desire to surround myself with the aura of classical and Romantic art."― Sylvester Stallone
- "Art has two constant, two unending concerns: It always meditates on death and thus always creates life. All great, genuine art resembles and continues the Revelation of St John."― Boris Pasternak
- "To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived."― Arthur Conan Doyle