More From Arthur Schopenhauer
- "Hatred is an affair of the heart; contempt that of the head."
- "There is no absurdity so palpable but that it may be firmly planted in the human head if you only begin to inculcate it before the age of five, by constantly repeating it with an air of great solemnity."
- "Martyrdom is the only way a man can become famous without ability."
More In Great
- "The great advantage of a hotel is that it is a refuge from home life."― George Bernard Shaw
- "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."― Aesop
- "Have you learned the lessons only of those who admired you, and were tender with you, and stood aside for you? Have you not learned great lessons from those who braced themselves against you, and disputed passage with you?"― Walt Whitman