More From Arthur Scargill
- "Yet what you need is not marches, demonstrations, rallies or wide associations, all of them are important. What you need is direct action. The sooner people understand that, the sooner we’ll begin to change things."
- "The trouble with the Labour Party leadership and the trade union leadership, they’re quite willing to applaud millions on the streets of the Philippines or in Eastern Europe, without understanding the need to also produce millions of people on the streets of Britain."
- "There’s a feeling that strength is determined by the size of a union. That clearly is nonsense."
More In Strength
- "When I write down my thoughts, they do not escape me. This action makes me remember my strength which I forget at all times. I educate myself proportionately to my captured thought. I aim only to distinguish the contradiction between my mind and nothingness."― Isidore Ducasse Lautreamont
- "The strength of America is not in Washington."― J. C. Watts
- "The mark of a truly civilized man is confidence in the strength and security derived from the inquiring mind."― Felix Frankfurter