More From Arthur Miller
- "The problem was to sustain at any cost the feeling you had in the theater that you were watching a real person, yes, but an intense condensation of his experience, not simply a realistic series of episodes."
- "The structure of a play is always the story of how the birds came home to roost."
- "I think it’s a mistake to ever look for hope outside of one’s self."
More In Hope
- "It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow."― Robert H. Schuller
- "It took me less than half a lifetime to realize that regret is one of the few guaranteed certainties. Sooner or later everything is touched by it, despite our naive and senseless hope that just this time we will be spared its cold hand on our heart."― Jonathan Carroll
- "You are not here merely to make a living. You are here in order to enable the world to live more amply, with greater vision, with a finer spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world, and you impoverish yourself if you forget the errand."― Woodrow Wilson