More From Arthur Henderson
- "Those nations have a very great responsibility at this juncture of the world’s affairs, for by throwing their joint weight into the scales of history on the right side, they may tip the balance decisively in favour of peace."
- "It has become impossible to give up the enterprise of disarmament without abandoning the whole great adventure of building up a collective peace system."
- "The Disarmament Conference has become the focal point of a great struggle between anarchy and world order… between those who think in terms of inevitable armed conflict and those who seek to build a universal and durable peace."
More In Peace
- "It wasn’t always easy getting up at 5 o’clock in the morning to go to the rink. Sometimes I wanted to just go back to sleep."― Nancy Kerrigan
- "Our ideal is to make her ever stronger and better and finer, because in that way alone, as we believe, can she be of the greatest service to the world’s peace and to the welfare of mankind."― Henry Cabot Lodge
- "I fought for peace in the fifties."― Pete Seeger