More From Arthur Ashe
- "You learn about equality in history and civics, but you find out life is not really like that."
- "I have tried to keep on with my striving because this is the only hope I have of ever achieving anything worthwhile and lasting."
- "When we were together, I loved you deeply and you gave me so much happiness I can never repay you."
More In Success
- "I did stand-up comedy for 18 years. Ten of those years were spent learning, four years were spent refining, and four years were spent in wild success. I was seeking comic originality, and fame fell on me as a byproduct. The course was more plodding than heroic."― Steve Martin
- "Success makes men rigid and they tend to exalt stability over all the other virtues; tired of the effort of willing they become fanatics about conservatism."― Walter Lippmann
- "Success is neither magical nor mysterious. Success is the natural consequence of consistently applying the basic fundamentals."― Jim Rohn