More From Arnold Bennett
- "Mother is far too clever to understand anything she does not like."
- "Happiness includes chiefly the idea of satisfaction after full honest effort. No one can possibly be satisfied and no one can be happy who feels that in some paramount affairs he failed to take up the challenge of life."
- "Any change, even a change for the better, is always accompanied by drawbacks and discomforts."
More In Experience
- "At every step the child should be allowed to meet the real experience of life; the thorns should never be plucked from his roses."― Ellen Key
- "But it’s a journey and the sad thing is you only learn from experience, so as much as someone can tell you things, you have to go out there and make your own mistakes in order to learn."― Emma Watson
- "One of the greatest moments in anybody’s developing experience is when he no longer tries to hide from himself but determines to get acquainted with himself as he really is."― Norman Vincent Peale