More From Arne Duncan
- "Teachers say their schools of education did not adequately prepare them for the classroom. They would have welcomed more mentoring and feedback in their early years."
- "Research shows that children do better in school and are less likely to drop out when fathers are involved. Engaged parents can strengthen communities, mentor and tutor students, and demonstrate through their actions how much they value their children’s education."
- "State governments generate less revenue in a recession. As state leaders struggle to make up for lost revenue, legislatures tend to cut funding for higher education. Colleges, in turn, answer these funding cuts with tuition hikes."
More In Education
- "Just like my father, I’ve always loved education. In school I was a member of the honor society."― Barbra Streisand
- "Education has failed in a very serious way to convey the most important lesson science can teach: skepticism."― David Suzuki
- "The complaint of bad pay, and difficulty in obtaining it, is almost generally reiterated through every department of education."― Joseph Lancaster