More From Aristotle
- "Whosoever is delighted in solitude is either a wild beast or a god."
- "We make war that we may live in peace."
- "The moral virtues, then, are produced in us neither by nature nor against nature. Nature, indeed, prepares in us the ground for their reception, but their complete formation is the product of habit."
More In History
- "It is not history which uses men as a means of achieving – as if it were an individual person – its own ends. History is nothing but the activity of men in pursuit of their ends."― Karl Marx
- "If you listen to Giuliani, it’s like nobody did anything to improve the city except him. I’m not part of the history. Bloomberg’s not part of the history. It’s like, he did it. He’s the only one. That’s why he’s a little crazy."― Ed Koch
- "Neither current events nor history show that the majority rule, or ever did rule."― Jefferson Davis