More From Archie Panjabi
- "Coming to New York is like a big hug, everyone is so welcoming. There’s something about here, everyone makes you feel so at home. I miss my family of course, but I don’t miss London that much. I was worried, but I feel really at home. Everyone says that who comes here from London, but I didn’t believe them."
- "I don’t ever want to be hugely famous because I had a little taste of it after ‘East Is East’ and ‘Bend It.’"
- "There is a big misconception about arranged marriage. Yes, it can mean that you meet someone and then have to marry them, but this was my mother saying, ‘I’m going to introduce you to so-and-so – If you don’t like them, fair enough.’"
More In Food
- "I think there is a real misconception about Indian food being super spicy. And I know that’s because when you go into an Indian restaurant, it is pretty spicy. But it doesn’t have to be. In fact, my husband can’t handle a lot of heat. I’ve had to temper my cooking so that he can eat with me."― Aarti Sequeira
- "My philosophy from day one is that I can sleep better at night if I can improve an individual’s knowledge about food and wine, and do it on a daily basis."― Emeril Lagasse
- "Contaminated food is a major cause of diarrhea, substantially contributing to malnutrition and killing about 2.2 million people each year, most of them children."― Gro Harlem Brundtland