More From Anthony Trollope
- "A fellow oughtn’t to let his family property go to pieces."
- "Dance with a girl three times, and if you like the light of her eye and the tone of voice with which she, breathless, answers your little questions about horseflesh and music about affairs masculine and feminine, then take the leap in the dark."
- "I never knew a government yet that wanted to do anything."
More In Happiness
- "The discovery of a new dish confers more happiness on humanity, than the discovery of a new star."― Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin
- "Contempt for happiness is usually contempt for other people’s happiness, and is an elegant disguise for hatred of the human race."― Bertrand Russell
- "There is no greater sorrow than to recall happiness in times of misery."― Dante Alighieri