More From Annie Lennox
- "I would say that although my music may be or may have been part of the cultural background fabric of the gay community, I consider myself an outsider who belongs everywhere and nowhere… Being a human being is what truly counts. That’s where you’ll find me."
- "Although I have lived in London, I have never really considered London my home because it was always going to be a stopping-off point for me, and it has been too."
- "I understand what it is for a woman to want to protect their children and give them the best they can."
More In History
- "All truly historical peoples have an idea they must realize, and when they have sufficiently exploited it at home, they export it, in a certain way, by war; they make it tour the world."― Victor Cousin
- "In the old days… it was a basic, cardinal fact that producers didn’t have opinions. When I was producing natural history programmes, I didn’t use them as vehicles for my own opinion. They were factual programmes."― David Attenborough
- "If I didn’t have a front-row seat on history, it was at least a seat on the aisle."― Dan Rather