More From Annie Dillard
- "There is a certain age at which a child looks at you in all earnestness and delivers a long, pleased speech in all the true inflections of spoken English, but with not one recognizable syllable."
- "As soon as beauty is sought not from religion and love, but for pleasure, it degrades the seeker."
- "It’s a little silly to finally learn how to write at this age. But I long ago realized I was secretly sincere."
More In Imagination
- "I think my securities far outweigh my insecurities. I am not nearly as afraid of myself and my imagination as I used to be."― Billy Connolly
- "It takes great skill to tell a compelling story in under 60 seconds. These five directors have mastered the format, using their talent, craft and imagination to provide us with some of the most innovative filmmaking out there today."― Michael Apted
- "What I really have in my head, my imagination, my understanding of music, I never really get that out."― Wynton Marsalis