More From Anne Morrow Lindbergh
- "I do not believe that sheer suffering teaches. If suffering alone taught, all the world would be wise, since everyone suffers. To suffering must be added mourning, understanding, patience, love, openness and the willingness to remain vulnerable."
- "The most exhausting thing in life is being insincere."
- "By and large, mothers and housewives are the only workers who do not have regular time off. They are the great vacationless class."
More In Happiness
- "Money may not buy happiness, but it can damn well give it!"― Freddie Mercury
- "If there were in the world today any large number of people who desired their own happiness more than they desired the unhappiness of others, we could have a paradise in a few years."― Bertrand Russell
- "So, after awhile, you can only get so much happiness from a guy who’s drunk come up and tell you you’re great."― Rick Derringer