More From Anna Quindlen
- "But it’s important, while we are supporting lessons in respecting others, to remember that many of our youngest kids need to learn to respect themselves. You learn your worth from the way you are treated."
- "Ideas are only lethal if you suppress and don’t discuss them. Ignorance is not bliss, it’s stupid. Banning books shows you don’t trust your kids to think and you don’t trust yourself to be able to talk to them."
- "The clearest explanation for the failure of any marriage is that the two people are incompatible; that is, that one is male and the other female."
More In Success
- "I love my dad, although I’m definitely critical of him sometimes, like when his pants are too tight. But I love him so much and I try to be really supportive of him."― Liv Tyler
- "In order that people may be happy in their work, these three things are needed: They must be fit for it. They must not do too much of it. And they must have a sense of success in it."― John Ruskin
- "The superior man makes the difficulty to be overcome his first interest; success only comes later."― Confucius