More From Ann Bancroft
- "I had no doubts I could go to the pole. I may not be as strong, but I make up for physical strength in other areas, like steadiness and not panicking under stress."
- "A life lesson for me is, how do you muster the courage to take on a new risk? Whether it’s starting up a business or taking on a new project or expedition. I think the risks that we take are all relative to the risk-taker."
- "This journey is not over. Our education initiatives have so much momentum, and we’re committed to sharing even more stories from the Arctic when we return."
More In Teacher
- "I made my drama teacher cry. I only took drama to get out of writing papers in English and the teacher was this thespian Broadway geek and here I was this Italian guy from Staten Island and I would put her in tears."― Vinny Guadagnino
- "I dropped out of high school when I was 16, after I had a huge argument with my English teacher over the meaning of the word ‘existentialism.’"― Craig Ferguson
- "I have to be a teacher to my daughters."― Carnie Wilson