More From Angela Davis
- "My name became known because I was, one might say accidentally the target of state repression and because so many people throughout the country and other parts of the world organized around the demand for my freedom."
- "Poor people, people of color – especially are much more likely to be found in prison than in institutions of higher education."
- "The campaign against the death penalty has been – while a powerful campaign, its participants have been those who attend all of the vigils, a relatively small number of people."
More In Society
- "I think Charley Pride has been one of the best things to happen to country music, to prove it belongs to everybody."― Loretta Lynn
- "A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."― Dwight D. Eisenhower
- "Think what a better world it would be if we all, the whole world, had cookies and milk about three o’clock every afternoon and then lay down on our blankets for a nap."― Barbara Jordan