More From Angela Davis
- "Yes, I think it’s really important to acknowledge that Dr. King, precisely at the moment of his assassination, was re-conceptualizing the civil rights movement and moving toward a sort of coalitional relationship with the trade union movement."
- "Had it not been for slavery, the death penalty would have likely been abolished in America. Slavery became a haven for the death penalty."
- "I never saw myself as an individual who had any particular leadership powers."
More In Education
- "In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made school boards."― Mark Twain
- "The so-called modern education, with all its defects, however, does others so much more good than it does the Negro, because it has been worked out in conformity to the needs of those who have enslaved and oppressed weaker peoples."― Carter G. Woodson
- "Most Hispanics are concerned with the same issues other Americans are – the economy, jobs, education. Similar to Main Street America."― Henry Bonilla