More From Andrew Mason
- "I didn’t realize how hard it was to run a small business."
- "I think if there’s any difference between me and a traditional CEO, it’s that I’ve been unwilling to change myself or shape my personality around what’s expected."
- "Most small business owners are not particularly sophisticated business people. That’s not a criticism; they’re passionate about cutting hair or cooking food, and that’s why they got in the business, not because they have an MBA."
More In Business
- "McSweeney’s as a publishing company is built on a business model that only works when we sell physical books. So we try to put a lot of effort into the design and production of the book-as-object."― Dave Eggers
- "In the back of my mind, I can never forget this could be gone tomorrow – and at this point I think the odds are against me… the chances of succeeding in this business are slim to none; there’s only a handful of people that have long careers. You have to put in the work, you can never be satisfied, never take it for granted."― Zac Efron
- "It usually takes me more than three weeks to prepare a good impromptu speech."― Mark Twain