More From Andrea Jung
- "The game in beauty is changing so much, if your product isn’t high tech or can’t make a unique performance claim – plump your lips, reduce your lines, look glossy, and stay on for 24 hours – you can’t go to market today. I’m not just talking about a $20 lipstick, but a $5 lipstick!"
- "A representative is free delivery; she’s a personal beauty consultant. Some people want that high touch."
- "There are pros and cons of experience. A con is that you can’t look at the business with a fresh pair of eyes and as objectively as if you were a new CEO. Fire yourself on a Friday night and come in on Monday morning as if a search firm put you there as a turn-around leader. Can you be objective and make the bold change?"
More In Women
- "I had a terrible time with feminists in the Seventies. They hated me, those women. I think they hated everything."― David Bailey
- "I think that maybe if women and children were in charge we would get somewhere."― James Thurber
- "There are many women who came before me who didn’t really have the same opportunities that I have had. That’s why I always wanted to be a great ambassador – not only today’s generation – but for the women who really didn’t have a voice, but who paved the way for me."― Jackie Joyner-Kersee