More From Amy Tan
- "You write a book and you hope somebody will go out and pay $24.95 for what you’ve just said. I think books were my salvation. Books saved me from being miserable."
- "My mother said I was a clingy kid until I was about four. I also remember that from the age of eight she and I fought almost every day."
- "I think I’ve always been somebody, since the deaths of my father and brother, who was afraid to hope. So, I was more prepared for failure and for rejection than for success."
More In Family
- "My father was the center of the family, and everyone tried to please him."― Ang Lee
- "I really love being alive. I love my family and my work. I love the opportunity I have to do things. That’s what happiness is."― Michael J. Fox
- "I have a very good family. I’m very fortunate to have a very good family. I believe very strongly in the family. It’s one of the things we have in our platform, is to talk about it."― Dan Quayle