More From Amy Tan
- "I loved fairy tales when I was a kid. Grimm. The grimmer the better. I loved gruesome gothic tales and, in that respect, I liked Bible stories, because to me they were very gothic."
- "I was intelligent enough to make up my own mind. I not only had freedom of choice, I had freedom of expression."
- "Words to me were magic. You could say a word and it could conjure up all kinds of images or feelings or a chilly sensation or whatever. It was amazing to me that words had this power."
More In Hope
- "A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love."― Stendhal
- "Right now, I have to admit, that I’m more interested in giving people a little bit of hope and goodness."― Aaron Eckhart
- "Qaddafi is hated because he is the leader of a small country that is rich, but he uses his money to finance liberation struggles."― Louis Farrakhan