More From Amy Tan
- "It’s both rebellion and conformity that attack you with success."
- "I think I’ve always been somebody, since the deaths of my father and brother, who was afraid to hope. So, I was more prepared for failure and for rejection than for success."
- "I would find myself laughing and wondering where these ideas came from. You can call it imagination, I suppose. But I was grateful for wherever they came from."
More In Respect
- "To be selected was an honor, and in respect of the family member chosen to run, families held feasts and gave away prized beaver coats, quilled tobacco bags and buffalo hides."― Dennis Banks
- "No other people have a government more worthy of their respect and love or a land so magnificent in extent, so pleasant to look upon, and so full of generous suggestion to enterprise and labor."― Benjamin Harrison
- "If you respect the art and you have some talent about you, I’m on your team."― Anthony Anderson