More From Ambrose Bierce
- "Childhood: the period of human life intermediate between the idiocy of infancy and the folly of youth – two removes from the sin of manhood and three from the remorse of age."
- "Happiness: an agreeable sensation arising from contemplating the misery of another."
- "Future. That period of time in which our affairs prosper, our friends are true and our happiness is assured."
More In Art
- "This world is but a canvas to our imagination."― Henry David Thoreau
- "There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."― Will Rogers
- "Mild autism can give you a genius like Einstein. If you have severe autism, you could remain nonverbal. You don’t want people to be on the severe end of the spectrum. But if you got rid of all the autism genetics, you wouldn’t have science or art. All you would have is a bunch of social ‘yak yaks.’"― Temple Grandin