More From Aly Raisman
- "I feel like I’m really blessed and lucky that I have a very good social life outside of the gym, and I have a really amazing family. My parents are so supportive. I have a younger brother and two younger sisters, and they’re really awesome. So I feel like I get the best of both worlds."
- "Especially in the car ride to and from gym. I find myself spacing out a lot, just visualizing what the Olympics would be like and just having such great role models."
More In Mom
- "I’m an immigrant kid who came to America from India when I was very young and grew up in New York City with a single mom and really was influenced by all of those immigrant cultures bumping up against each other."― Padma Lakshmi
- "Happiness is a wine of the rarest vintage, and seems insipid to a vulgar taste."― Logan P. Smith
- "When I can 10 or 11, my mom was the one out there catching passes for me. She was my prime receiver."― Joe Theismann