More From Alva Myrdal
- "The inventions and the great discoveries have opened up whole continents to reciprocal communication and interchange, provided we are willing."
- "Nobel was a genuine friend of peace. He even went so far as to believe that he had invented a tool of destruction, dynamite, which would make war so senseless that it would become impossible. He was wrong."
- "The longing for peace is rooted in the hearts of all men. But the striving, which at present has become so insistent, cannot lay claim to such an ambition as leading the way to eternal peace, or solving all disputes among nations."
More In Age
- "I hope to have one more boxing match at the age of 55. Given that demographic at the age of 55 to 65, you’ve got to make a statement with your life. Otherwise, you are just existing."― George Foreman
- "If you think of what food is, it’s the energy we use to do our daily work. I want people to know about the USDA. This is a very important department. It’s not fully appreciated as such."― Tom Vilsack
- "I’ve always wanted to be like the Hollywood Golden Age actors."― Julianne Hough