More From Alton Brown
- "Enough people have now mentioned Bill Nye the Science Guy to me that I now desperately avoid it all costs."
- "I love poking fun at myself. I have a rather mean sense of humor."
- "The kitchen’s a laboratory, and everything that happens there has to do with science. It’s biology, chemistry, physics. Yes, there’s history. Yes, there’s artistry. Yes, to all of that. But what happened there, what actually happens to the food is all science."
More In Food
- "It is great to add some glamour to the food industry, like television shows have done for the food world and inspiring people to work in the industry. The flip side of that is unfortunately people think that after they get their qualifications, they get their invitation to compete on ‘Top Chef.’"― Curtis Stone
- "The average housewife goes to the restaurant to relax and enjoy the food. But when Eva walks in, she becomes the center of attention."― Eva Gabor
- "I kept thinking, ‘Somebody has to make a food show that is actually educational and entertaining at the same time… a show that got down to the ‘why things happen.’ Plus, I hated my job – I didn’t think it was very worthwhile."― Alton Brown