More From Alice Walker
- "‘Thank you’ is the best prayer that anyone could say. I say that one a lot. Thank you expresses extreme gratitude, humility, understanding."
- "Fiction is such a world of freedom, it’s wonderful. If you want someone to fly, they can fly."
- "I don’t call myself a Buddhist. I’m a free spirit. I believe I’m here on earth to admire and enjoy it; that’s my religion."
More In Change
- "We like to think about how smart we are. But I think talent as a writer is hard-wired in, it’s all there, at least the basic elements of it. You can’t change it any more than you can choose whether to be right handed or left handed."― Stephen King
- "When you blame others, you give up your power to change."― Robert Anthony
- "No real social change has ever been brought about without a revolution… revolution is but thought carried into action."― Emma Goldman