More From Alice Duer Miller
- "Don’t ever dare to take your college as a matter of course – because, like democracy and freedom, many people you’ll never know have broken their hearts to get it for you."
- "If it’s very painful for you to criticize your friends – you’re safe in doing it. But if you take the slightest pleasure in it, that’s the time to hold your tongue."
More In Anger
- "I get in trouble when I say things like, ‘I’m attracted to violence.’ I was a pretty angry kid, and I got into military history largely as a way to vent my own anger. As I got older it narrowed down to a more specific focus on individual violence. I’m just trying to understand where it came from."― Caleb Carr
- "People need to start to think about the messages that they send in the movies."― Morgan Freeman
- "If either player abandon the game by quitting the table in anger, or in an otherwise offensive manner; or by momentarily resigning the game; or refuses to abide by the decision of the Umpire, the game must be scored against him."― Howard Staunton