More From Alfred North Whitehead
- "An enormous part of our mature experience cannot not be expressed in words."
- "Religion is the last refuge of human savagery."
- "No period of history has ever been great or ever can be that does not act on some sort of high, idealistic motives, and idealism in our time has been shoved aside, and we are paying the penalty for it."
More In Success
- "I auditioned for a solo in church and got it. I was about seven and I sang a song called, ‘Jesus, I Heard You Had a Big House’ and I remember people standing up at the end and me thinking, ‘Oh, I think I’m going to like this.’ That’s how it all began. Sounds funny to say you got your start in church, but I did."― Kristin Chenoweth
- "It was only literally hours after the wedding when he felt he didn’t have to keep up the facade."― Trisha Goddard
- "I have no time for those who say there is no way Scotland could go it alone. I know first-hand the contribution Scotland and Scots make to Britain’s success – so for me there’s no question about whether Scotland could be an independent nation."― David Cameron