More From Alfred Lord Tennyson
- "Men at most differ as Heaven and Earth, but women, worst and best, as Heaven and Hell."
- "A sorrow’s crown of sorrow is remembering happier times."
- "No man ever got very high by pulling other people down. The intelligent merchant does not knock his competitors. The sensible worker does not work those who work with him. Don’t knock your friends. Don’t knock your enemies. Don’t knock yourself."
More In Power
- "Having knowledge but lacking the power to express it clearly is no better than never having any ideas at all."― Pericles
- "‘Charm’ – which means the power to effect work without employing brute force – is indispensable to women. Charm is a woman’s strength just as strength is a man’s charm."― Havelock Ellis
- "What this power is I cannot say; all I know is that it exists and it becomes available only when a man is in that state of mind in which he knows exactly what he wants and is fully determined not to quit until he finds it."― Alexander Graham Bell