More From Alexander Payne
- "Even if we die at 100, we’re still dying young. I want at least 700 years. There’s a lot of travelling and books to read and movies to see. I’m not going to squeeze it all in in 85 years."
- "When you’re a houseguest and you leave, it’s nice to straighten something up or send your hosts a useful gift. And when you leave the planet, it’s nice to have made a positive contribution."
- "I mean, look, I love movies, not just the ones I make… In fact, I don’t like the movies I make very much."
More In Hope
- "I’m not the type of guy who enjoys one-night stands. It leaves me feeling very empty and cynical. It’s not even fun sexually. I need to feel something for the woman and entertain the vain hope that it may lead to a relationship."― Ben Affleck
- "Most people like to read about intrigue and spies. I hope to provide a metaphor for the average reader’s daily life. Most of us live in a slightly conspiratorial relationship with our employer and perhaps with our marriage."― John le Carre
- "You cannot hope to sweep someone else away by the force of your writing until it has been done to you."― Stephen King