More From Alexander Payne
- "I mean, look, I love movies, not just the ones I make… In fact, I don’t like the movies I make very much."
- "You just never know when you’re living in a golden age."
- "I guess maybe I try to make movies that are closer to real life than are many Hollywood movies. But I still try to stay within a commercial narrative, a contemporary American vernacular."
More In Famous
- "It is the people who can do nothing who find nothing to do, and the secret to happiness in this world is not only to be useful, but to be forever elevating one’s uses."― Sarah Orne Jewett
- "Quite often I can be in a bookshop, standing beneath a great big picture of myself and paying for a book with a credit card clearly marked John Grisham, yet no one recognises me. I often say I’m a famous author in a country where no one reads."― John Grisham
- "I had a very erratic career. I got very famous for a minute and then it just all went away, you know?"― Colin Hay