More From Alexander McCall Smith
- "My Botswana books are positive, and I’ve never really sought to deny that. They are positive. They present a very positive picture of the country. And I think that that is perfectly defensible given that there is so much written about Africa which is entirely negative."
- "One of the most destructive things that’s happening in modern society is that we are losing our sense of the bonds that bind people together – which can lead to nightmares of social collapse."
- "Writers obviously have to bear witness to the harsh face of the age."
More In Family
- "I guess because it feels more open, but I think being married is way sexier, because it’s really like your soul partner in a permanent fashion, and then you strive for it to be something permanent, and that type of commitment and trust, if you can achieve it, is so good for the soul."― Leelee Sobieski
- "I grew up in a Navy family."― Elizabeth Edwards
- "Police and firefighters are great, but they don’t create wealth. They protect it. That’s crucial. Teaching is a wonderful profession. Teachers help educate people to become good citizens so that citizens can then go create wealth. But they don’t create the wealth themselves."― Rush Limbaugh