More From Aldous Huxley
- "Science has explained nothing; the more we know the more fantastic the world becomes and the profounder the surrounding darkness."
- "Uncontrolled, the hunger and thirst after God may become an obstacle, cutting off the soul from what it desires. If a man would travel far along the mystic road, he must learn to desire God intensely but in stillness, passively and yet with all his heart and mind and strength."
- "A belief in hell and the knowledge that every ambition is doomed to frustration at the hands of a skeleton have never prevented the majority of human beings from behaving as though death were no more than an unfounded rumor."
More In Life
- "I think that if you live long enough, you realize that so much of what happens in life is out of your control, but how you respond to it is in your control. That’s what I try to remember."― Hillary Clinton
- "I don’t think you ever stop giving. I really don’t. I think it’s an on-going process. And it’s not just about being able to write a check. It’s being able to touch somebody’s life."― Oprah Winfrey
- "Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy."― Dan Gable