More From Aldous Huxley
- "Consistency is contrary to nature, contrary to life. The only completely consistent people are dead."
- "The secret of genius is to carry the spirit of the child into old age, which mean never losing your enthusiasm."
- "A belief in hell and the knowledge that every ambition is doomed to frustration at the hands of a skeleton have never prevented the majority of human beings from behaving as though death were no more than an unfounded rumor."
More In Best
- "Don’t knock the weather; nine-tenths of the people couldn’t start a conversation if it didn’t change once in a while."― Kin Hubbard
- "Then, I realized that there is an indigenous presence in the Solar System. It’s us. So, then, I got to wondering what would happen if a more technologically advanced society moved next door to us, the way we moved next door to the American Indians."― Sarah Zettel
- "When young I did my best to undo that bit of the British Empire I found myself in: that is, old Southern Rhodesia."― Doris Lessing