More From Aldous Huxley
- "The charm of history and its enigmatic lesson consist in the fact that, from age to age, nothing changes and yet everything is completely different."
- "One of the great attractions of patriotism – it fulfills our worst wishes. In the person of our nation we are able, vicariously, to bully and cheat. Bully and cheat, what’s more, with a feeling that we are profoundly virtuous."
- "The secret of genius is to carry the spirit of the child into old age, which mean never losing your enthusiasm."
More In Freedom
- "And we can celebrate when we have a government that has earned back the trust of the people it serves… when we have a government that honors our Constitution and stands up for the values that have made America, America: economic freedom, individual liberty, and personal responsibility."― John Boehner
- "If you are for freedom and equal rights, which we hear a lot of talk about these days, then you have to include the LGBTQ community in that. And if you’re not willing to put your time where your mouth is, then I don’t know quite what you mean by commitment in your life."― Hal Sparks
- "Trade creates jobs and lifts people out of poverty. And when that happens, societies stabilize and grow. And there is nothing like a stable society to fight terrorism and strengthen democracy, freedom and rule of law."― Dennis Hastert