More From Aldo Leopold
- "Is education possibly a process of trading awareness for things of lesser worth? The goose who trades his is soon a pile of feathers."
- "Conservation is a state of harmony between men and land."
- "A thing is right when it tends to preserve the integrity, stability and beauty of the biotic community. It is wrong when it tends otherwise."
More In Nature
- "Our observation of nature must be diligent, our reflection profound, and our experiments exact. We rarely see these three means combined; and for this reason, creative geniuses are not common."― Denis Diderot
- "To me a lush carpet of pine needles or spongy grass is more welcome than the most luxurious Persian rug."― Helen Keller
- "Mattresses! Beautiful! Let’s go buy a couple of mattresses. Give ’em to people for their birthday."― Lawrence Tierney