More From Albert J. Nock
- "The position of modern science, as far as an ignorant man of letters can understand it, seems not a step in advance of that held by Huxley and Romanes in the last century."
- "The positive testimony of history is that the State invariably had its origin in conquest and confiscation. No primitive State known to history originated in any other manner."
More In Nature
- "There’s always a period of curious fear between the first sweet-smelling breeze and the time when the rain comes cracking down."― Don DeLillo
- "I don’t think I’ll ever be able to stay in one place for more than a year or two. It’s not in my nature."― Ricky Williams
- "Even before string theory, especially as physics developed in the 20th century, it turned out that the equations that really work in describing nature with the most generality and the greatest simplicity are very elegant and subtle."― Edward Witten