More From Albert Camus
- "To correct a natural indifference I was placed half-way between misery and the sun. Misery kept me from believing that all was well under the sun, and the sun taught me that history wasn’t everything."
- "Men are never really willing to die except for the sake of freedom: therefore they do not believe in dying completely."
- "Don’t believe your friends when they ask you to be honest with them. All they really want is to be maintained in the good opinion they have of themselves."
More In Art
- "Being good in business is the most fascinating kind of art. Making money is art and working is art and good business is the best art."― Andy Warhol
- "Back then, I didn’t have a big organization around me. I was just a kid with a guitar, traveling around. My responsibility basically was to the art, and I had extra time on my hands. There is no extra time now. There isn’t enough time."― Joni Mitchell
- "I’m not dead and I don’t have blue hair but some people say there are similarities. It is usually intolerable to watch myself onscreen but this time it’s fine. I think it’s beautiful and a real work of art."― Helena Bonham Carter