More From Alanis Morissette
- "When I’m off the road, my husband and I recharge our batteries. It’s a day of deep rest and connection with the spiritual, and that can be anything – going for a walk in nature, being in silence, burning incense."
- "We’re taught to be ashamed of confusion, anger, fear and sadness, and to me they’re of equal value to happiness, excitement and inspiration."
- "In LA, where I live, it’s all about perfectionism. Beauty is now defined by your bones sticking out of your decolletage. For that to be the standard is really perilous for women."
More In Power
- "There is no force so powerful as an idea whose time has come."― Everett Dirksen
- "I became a musician so I wouldn’t have to get up at 6 in the morning."― Norah Jones
- "The good man is he who rules himself as he does his own property: his autonomous being is modelled on material power."― Theodor Adorno