More From Alan Shepard
- "Later, in the early teens, I used to ride my bike every Saturday morning to the nearest airport, ten miles away, push airplanes in and out of the hangars, and clean up the hangars."
- "It’s a very sobering feeling to be up in space and realize that one’s safety factor was determined by the lowest bidder on a government contract."
- "We worked with the engineers in the design and construction and testing phases in those various areas, then we would get back together at the end of the week and brief each other as to what had gone on."
More In Attitude
- "Civilization is a method of living, an attitude of equal respect for all men."― Jane Addams
- "When I use the Internet, it’s pretty much strictly for music. Checking out other people’s web sites, what’s going on, listening to music. It’s pretty much a musical thing for me."― Liz Phair
- "In the late ’70s, maybe just before I started, there was still an attitude that if you did film you didn’t do TV and vice versa, but that’s gone now."― Robert Carlyle