More From Alan Perlis
- "It goes against the grain of modern education to teach students to program. What fun is there to making plans, acquiring discipline, organizing thoughts, devoting attention to detail, and learning to be self critical."
- "You can measure a programmer’s perspective by noting his attitude on the continuing vitality of FORTRAN."
- "In software systems it is often the early bird that makes the worm."
More In Technology
- "Making duplicate copies and computer printouts of things no one wanted even one of in the first place is giving America a new sense of purpose."― Andy Rooney
- "The art challenges the technology, and the technology inspires the art."― John Lasseter
- "My opinion, my conviction, gains immensely in strength and sureness the minute a second mind as adopted it."― Malcolm Muggeridge