More From Alan Greenspan
- "We need, in effect, to make the phantom ‘lock-boxes’ around the trust fund real."
- "Look, I’m very much in favor of tax cuts, but not with borrowed money. And the problem that we’ve gotten into in recent years is spending programs with borrowed money, tax cuts with borrowed money, and at the end of the day that proves disastrous. And my view is I don’t think we can play subtle policy here."
- "I’ve been in and out of Wall Street since 1949, and I’ve never seen the type of animosity between government and Wall Street. And I’m not sure where it comes from, but I suspect it’s got to do with a general schism in this society which is really becoming ever more destructive."
More In Communication
- "We intend to keep the lines of communication open with the Defense Department so we can help our border law enforcement agencies navigate the equipment application process."― Henry Cuellar
- "Feelings of worth can flourish only in an atmosphere where individual differences are appreciated, mistakes are tolerated, communication is open, and rules are flexible – the kind of atmosphere that is found in a nurturing family."― Virginia Satir
- "The most important thing in communication is hearing what isn’t said."― Peter Drucker