More From Agnes Smedley
- "Now, being a girl, I was ashamed of my body and my lack of strength. So I tried to be a man. I shot, rode, jumped, and took part in all the fights of the boys."
- "Much that we read of Russia is imagination and desire only."
- "And the woman who could win the respect of man was often the woman who could knock him down with her bare fists and sit on him until he yelled for help."
More In Sympathy
- "Sympathy for victims is always counter-balanced by an equal and opposite feeling of resentment towards them."― Ben Elton
- "It’s no good being nice and young and naive. There’s no good in that at all. You’ve got to do it all yourself, and you’ve gotta learn quick. And you can’t look for sympathy either."― Johnny Rotten
- "I never said I wanted to be around for a long time. I always said I wanted to be here for a good time."― Kid Rock