More From Adolf Loos
- "The work of art shows people new directions and thinks of the future. The house thinks of the present."
- "Does it follow that the house has nothing in common with art and is architecture not to be included in the arts? Only a very small part of architecture belongs to art: the tomb and the monument. Everything else that fulfils a function is to be excluded from the domain of art."
- "The house has to please everyone, contrary to the work of art which does not. The work is a private matter for the artist. The house is not."
More In Nature
- "In athletics there’s always been a willingness to cheat if it looks like you’re not cheating. I think that’s just a quirk of human nature."― Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
- "To sit in the shade on a fine day and look upon verdure is the most perfect refreshment."― Jane Austen
- "That’s the nature of women, not to love when we love them, and to love when we love them not."― Miguel de Cervantes