More From Adam Smith
- "Little else is requisite to carry a state to the highest degree of opulence from the lowest barbarism but peace, easy taxes, and a tolerable administration of justice: all the rest being brought about by the natural course of things."
- "Labour was the first price, the original purchase – money that was paid for all things. It was not by gold or by silver, but by labour, that all wealth of the world was originally purchased."
- "Science is the great antidote to the poison of enthusiasm and superstition."
More In Business
- "The Internet has changed the way we communicate with each other, the way we learn about the world and the way we conduct business."― Ron Wyden
- "I learned my business in the theater and in television, particularly working with the actors. You can learn much more in the theater than directing a movie, because then you have no time when you are shooting a movie to really work with the actors. You have to learn this craft somewhere else."― Michael Haneke
- "When I was building the Vietnam Memorial, I never once asked the veterans what it was like in the war, because from my point of view, you don’t pry into other people’s business."― Maya Lin