More From Adam Smith
- "Labour was the first price, the original purchase – money that was paid for all things. It was not by gold or by silver, but by labour, that all wealth of the world was originally purchased."
- "All money is a matter of belief."
- "To feel much for others and little for ourselves; to restrain our selfishness and exercise our benevolent affections, constitute the perfection of human nature."
More In Happiness
- "You can have a lot of unhappiness by not having money, but the reverse is no guarantee of happiness."― Philip Kaufman
- "As to happiness in this life it is hardly compatible with that diminished respect which ever attends the relinquishing of labour."― Anthony Trollope
- "What I mean by that is that the point of life, as I see it, is not to write books or scale mountains or sail oceans, but to achieve happiness, and preferably an unselfish happiness."― Bernard Cornwell